Terms and Conditions
Your contract is with the owner (“we”, “us” and “our”) in these Terms and Conditions for the property known as Little Orchard Cottage. References to (“you” or “your”) are references to the person making the booking and all members of the party.
These booking conditions form the basis of your contract with us so please read them carefully. Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your normal statutory rights.
1. Making your booking
A 30% deposit is required to book Little Orchard Cottage with full payment due no less than eight weeks prior to the date your stay commences. If booking less than eight weeks in advance, the full price of the cost of the accommodation will be required at the time of booking. The initial deposit is only refundable within 7 days of your confirmed booking.
Your booking is made as a consumer for the purpose of a holiday accommodation only and you acknowledge that no liability can be accepted for any business losses howsoever suffered or incurred by you.
Once the Initial Deposit has been received and accepted by us, we will issue you with our written confirmation either by email or post. The contract between us will only be formed when we send you our written confirmation and is subject to these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to refuse any booking prior to the issue of our written confirmation. If we do this we will promptly refund any money you have paid to us.
You should carefully check the details of our written confirmation and inform us immediately of any errors or omissions.
2. Non-smoking policy
There is strictly no smoking within Little Orchard Cottage.
3. Paying for your booking
You are required to send to us your payment for the balance of the rental at least eight weeks prior to the Arrival Date as set out in our written confirmation. If you fail to make a payment due to us in full and on time we may treat your booking as cancelled by you.
We accept payments by bank transfer, cheque or Paypal (4% will be added to the total due to Paypal fees).
4. If you cancel or amend your booking
If you need to cancel or amend your booking you must telephone us on 01984 656992 as soon as possible.
You will also be required to confirm your cancellation in writing or by email to the addresses shown on our written confirmation. A cancellation will not take effect until you receive written confirmation from us.
If you cancel an advanced booking* within seven days of receiving our written confirmation, we will refund any money you have paid us. If you cancel your booking less than eight weeks prior to the arrival date, we reserve the right to retain the initial deposit and the rental. In these circumstances we will refund the rental (less any additional costs incurred) to you if we are able to secure an alternative booking for the property.
5. If we cancel or amend your booking
We would not expect to have to make any changes to your booking, but sometimes problems occur and we do have to make alterations or, very occasionally cancel bookings.
If this does happen, we will contact you as soon as possible and inform you of the cancellation or the change to your booking and, if it is necessary to cancel your booking, we will refund the balance of any money you have paid us.
6. Your accommodation
You can arrive at your accommodation after 15:00 hours on the arrival date for your stay. The property must be vacated by 11:00 hours on the departure date.
If your arrival will be delayed, you must contact the person whose details are given on our booking confirmation so that alternative arrangements can be made. If you fail to do so you may not be able to gain access to the Property. If you fail to arrive by midday on the day after the Arrival Date and you do not advise the contact of your anticipated late arrival we may treat the booking as having been cancelled by you.
7. Your obligations
You agree to comply with these terms and conditions and ensure that they are observed by all members of your party.
- You agree to keep and leave the Property and the furnishings, kitchen equipment, crockery, glasses, bedding and towels in good condition.
- You agree not to cause any damage to the walls, doors or windows of the property nor to do anything that may be reasonably considered to cause a nuisance or annoyance to us or to any other occupier of adjoining or neighbouring properties.
- You agree to take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property. No liability to you is accepted in respect of damage to or loss of such property, except where the damage or loss is caused by our negligence.
- You agree to ensure that each member of your party is covered by comprehensive travel insurance (including cancellation, flight delays, loss and damage to baggage and other property) and health insurance (including evacuation and repatriation coverage).
- You cannot allow more people to stay in the property than expressly authorised, nor can you change the makeup of the party during your stay in the property, nor can you take your pet into the property. If you do so, we can refuse to hand over the property to you, or can require you to leave it. We will treat any of these circumstances as a cancellation of the booking by you without requiring us to refund monies paid.
- You agree to allow us or any representative of ours access at any reasonable time during your stay for the purpose of essential, unexpected repairs.
Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable stay. If however, you have any cause for complaint it is important that necessary action is taken as soon as possible.
It is essential that you contact us if any problem arises so that it can be speedily resolved. Discussion of any criticisms with us whilst you are in residence will usually enable shortcomings to be rectified straightaway. In particular, complaints of a transient nature (for example, regarding preparation or heating of the property) cannot possibly be investigated unless registered whilst you are in residence.
If any complaint cannot be resolved during your holiday, you must write to us with full details within 7 days of the end of it.
9. Our liability
The owner cannot accept any liability for:
- any injury sustained by any person
- loss of, or damage, to any property brought onto the premises. Lost property is donated to charity after one month if not retrieved. Postage must be paid for any goods returned by mail.
- cars, which are parked at owner’s risk
- disruption of service from utility suppliers
- The owner is not responsible for any loss, breach or delay due to any cause beyond the Owner's control, including but not limited to: Acts of God, Explosion, Fire, Accident, War or Threat of War, Sabotage, Civil Disturbance, Acts, Restrictions, Regulations, Bye-Laws, Prohibitions or Measures of any kind on the part of the government or local authority, Strikes or Industrial Actions and Disputes. Under any such circumstance the Owner is entitled to treat the contract as discharged, and the Owners liability is limited to the cost of the accommodate only.
- English Law applies. The contractual obligations above are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland unless one of the parties is resident outside the UK, in which case English courts have jurisdiction.
Our maximum liability for losses you suffer as a result of us acting in breach of these terms and conditions is strictly limited to the cost of accommodation only and any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking the agreement. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us. This does not include or limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
The contract between you and us is governed by the law of England and Wales and we both agree that any dispute, matter or other issue which arises between us will be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales.
*Advanced booking refers to any booking made more than eight weeks prior to the start date of your booking.